Forest Freight is the data controller in respect of all the personal data collected.
Our data protection registration number is ZA328493.
Forest Freight Ltd
Barlow Way South
Fairview Industrial Park
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- a) information that you send to us in order to obtain a quotation for services.
- b) information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website email notifications and/or newsletter.
- c) information that you provide to us for the purpose of using our website-based and other services.
- d) any other information that you choose to send to us.
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- a) administer the website.
- b) improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
- c) enable your use of the services available on the website.
- d) supply you with services.
- e) send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you.
- f) send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications.
- g) send you email notifications which you have requested.
- h) send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
- i) provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user.
- j) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
- d) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling.
- e) to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transaction data associated with transactions you make on or in relation to our website will be encrypted.
Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except, of course, when you log in to the website).
We may from time to time also notify you of changes to our policy by email.
Right of Access
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your.
The company may refuse a subject access request or raise a fee for processing the request.
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
Right to Rectification
Where you identify that incorrect information is held you may instruct us to amend that information.
Right to Erasure
Individuals have a right to have personal data erased and to prevent processing in specific circumstances:
- Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed.
- When the individual withdraws consent.
- When the individual objects to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing.
- The personal data was unlawfully processed (ie otherwise in breach of the GDPR).
- The personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation.
There are specific circumstances where the company can refuse to erase personal data;
- to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information;
- to comply with a legal obligation or for the performance of a public interest task or exercise of official authority;
- for public health purposes in the public interest;
- archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific research historical research or statistical purposes; or
- the exercise or defence of legal claims.
Generally we will not process a request to erase information where there is an ongoing legal obligation on the company to retain the information, for example for taxation and social security purposes.
Right to Data Portability
The right to data portability allows individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services. It allows them to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability.
- The right to data portability only applies:
- to personal data an individual has provided to a controller;
- where the processing is based on the individual’s consent or for the performance of a contract;
- when processing is carried out by automated means.
Right to Object
Individuals have the right to object to:
- processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling);
- direct marketing (including profiling);
- processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
Objections to processing, other than for marketing purposes for non-Forest Freight staff must be made in writing to the Controller and must outline the grounds for objection.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by sending an email to us. In practice, we will provide you with continuing opportunities to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes throughout our contact with you.
Right to Restrict Processing
In certain circumstances an individual may request that processing of their personal data is restricted. This means that the information can be stored, but not used, except in restricted circumstances.
This right may be exercised in the following circumstances;
- Where an individual contests the accuracy of the personal data, the company shall restrict the processing until the accuracy of the personal data has been verified.
- Where an individual has objected to the processing (where it was necessary for the performance of a public interest task or purpose of legitimate interests), and the company are considering whether it’s legitimate grounds override those of the individual.
- When processing is unlawful and the individual opposes erasure and requests restriction instead.
- If the company no longer needs the personal data but the individual requires the data to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
Rights related to automated decision making
Forest Freight does not use any automated decision making and profiling systems.
Right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner
Individuals have the right to raise a complaint about any aspect of the way Forest Freight collects, processes, stores or deals with personal data, including complaints.
Third party websites
Where the website contains links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of those third-party websites.